Where can I get help if somebody has sexually abused or assaulted me?

If you somebody has sexually abused or sexually assaulted you, there are many people and organisations that can help you. Their names and contact details are on this page. They include Centres Against Sexual Assault, Kids Helpline, Lifeline, Men’s Referral Service (for boys and men) and Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service (for girls and women).

You can talk to the police straight away if you want. Or you might want to talk to somebody else before you tell the police. That way you know what might happen when you talk to the police. You can ask a doctor, teacher, nurse, friend or somebody you trust to help you, or come with you to talk about it.