What do the Disability Standards say about enrolment?

This section of the Disability Standards says that a student with a disability has the same right to enrol in a school as other students.

If you are enrolling in a tertiary institution (for example TAFE or university) and your disability might affect your enrolment, you should tell staff and ask for help.

For example, a student with a vision impairment might require enrolment information in Braille. A deaf person might need to enrol face-to-face, using an Auslan interpreter. These are the types of adjustments (changes) to the enrolment process that education providers must make.

Getting help with this

Ross House, 2nd Floor, 247 Flinders Lane Melbourne 3000
Phone:9654 8644
Fax: 9639 7422
TTY: 9654 6817
Email: info@ddls.org.au
Website: http://www.communitylaw.org.au/ddls

Level 2, 180 Flinders Street, Melbourne 3000
Phone:9267 3733
Fax: 9639 1622
Email: ydasadvocate@yacvic.org.au
Website: http://www.ydas.org.au/