What if I don’t agree with a decision DHS has made about me?

Sometimes you might not agree with a decision that the Department of Human Services (DHS) makes about you. Examples of decisions you might disagree with include:

  • That you are not eligible for (allowed to get) disability supports and services
  • That you should not get priority (be chosen first) for disability supports and services
  • How much disability support you should get

You have the right to request a review of these decisions. DHS must tell you how you can do this, and  much time you have to ask for this.

If you don’t agree with the result of the review, you can ask the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to review the decision.  You can get help from a lawyer or an advocate to understand how this works, and what information you will need.