What if I want to consult a lawyer without my parents or guardians knowing?

Yes, you can talk to a lawyer without a parent or guardian helping or knowing. It doesn’t matter how old you are. You just need to make sure that if the lawyer costs money, that you can pay them. But there are sometimes ways to talk to a lawyer for free. Youthlaw is a special service for people under 25 who need legal help or information. You can contact Youthlaw, Victoria Legal Aid or the federation of Community Legal Centres to find out about talking to a lawyer.

Getting help with this

350 Queen St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Phone:9269 0120
Website: http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/

19 King Street Melbourne Victoria 3000
Phone:(03) 9611 2412
Fax: (03) 9620 3622
Email: info@youthlaw.asn.au
Website: http://youthlaw.asn.au/